The summit took place in Valletta on 11 and 12 November 2015 at the Mediterranean Conference Centre.
The conference built on existing cooperation processes between Europe and Africa, particularly the Rabat and Khartoum processes on migration, and the EU-Africa Dialogue on Migration and Mobility.
Leaders participating in the summit adopted a political declaration and an action plan designed to:
- address the root causes of irregular migration and forced displacement
- enhance cooperation on legal migration and mobility
- reinforce the protection of migrants and asylum seekers
- prevent and fight irregular migration, migrant smuggling and trafficking in human beings
- work more closely to improve cooperation on return, readmission and reintegration
Download the document here .