African Institute for Remittances 3rd Diaspora Engagement Forum
15 – 16 May 2017, Geneva
ADEPT’s Capacity Development Manager, Paul Asquith, attended the African Institute for Remittances 3rdDiaspora Engagement Forum, held at the Starling Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland on 15 – 16 May 2017. Participants also included a significant number of ADDOs in the ADEPT network.
- Mr. Amadou Cisse, Interim Executive Director, AIR;
- C. D. Ugochukwu, President, African Diaspora Council, Switzerland;
- ADEPT AC Member Awa N’diaye, Director of Espace Afrique (Switzerland);
- Mr. Demeke Atnafu, Director-General of the Diaspora Affairs Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ethiopia;
- Eiman El-Kheir, Policy Officer at CIDO, African Union;
- Mr. Leon Isaacs, CEO, Developing Market Associates (DMA);
- and Ms. Nika Naghavi, Data Manager at Mobile Money.
This significant event examined ways in which all stakeholders involved in remittance transfers to Africa, be they Money Transfer Agencies, policy-makers, or remitters themselves, can work together and exploit new technologies to reduce transfer costs to African corridors.More info here