The Support Programme for African Diaspora Organisations’ Initiatives brings together two types of seed funding; designed to support African diaspora organisations in launching a first initiative or co-financing larger scale projects; in Europe and Africa. It targets African diaspora organisations based in Europe, members of the ADEPT network (general member, associate member or networker).
This facility; launched since 2016, is managed by the Africa-Europe Diaspora Development Platform [ADEPT] with co-financing from the European Union, via the International Centre for Migration Policy Development [ICMPD] and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation [SDC].
The aims of these seedfunding are to:
- Strengthen the intervention capacities of African diaspora organisations in Europe and Africa, in order to improve their ability to implement their actions and to develop new partnerships.
- To make visible the contribution of the diaspora in Europe and Africa, through the valorisation and capitalisation of their practices.
The eligible countries of intervention are the 54 African countries and the 27 European countries, supplemented by Norway, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
The sectors of intervention are not limited. Actions can take the form of events, development projects, communication campaigns, training, etc. Actions must be collective and cannot be carried out for the benefit of a single individual.
Applications are open until 30 September 2020. The amounts are conceived as a co-funding (80%) of a maximum value of:
– 3 790 € for projects in Europe
– 5 730 € for projects in Africa
COVID-19 specific measure:
Transportation costs can be included if the travels respect legal and sanitary measures in the countries of departure of destination. As a precautionary measure, we ask you to present an alternative project in case the transportation could not be used as planed.
- The rules of procedure
- The project outline: EUROPE / AFRICA
- The budget model