Gibril Faal, ADEPT’s Interim Director, made a keynote opening and closing speeches at the workshop on ‘Trans-nationality and Representation of the Diaspora: Election and Role of Diaspora Deputies in the Senegalese national Assembly’.
Other speakers included:
- Mr Oriol Amoros, Secretary for Migration, Government of Catalonia;
- Mr Manel Vila, Director-General, Catalonian Agency for Cooperation and Development;
- Mr Amadou Bocar Sam, Chairman, Coordinating Association of Senegalese in Catalonia (CASC);
- Ms Awa Chiekh Mbengue, Senegalese Commission on Social, Economic and Environmental Affairs;
- Maitre Djibril War, Chairman, Senegalese Parliamentary Commission on Foreign Affairs and Senegalese Abroad;
- Prof Aly Tandian, University of Gaston Berger.