Crowdfunding for Diaspora Organisations
Wednesday 29 November 2017 – 15:30 to 17:30 GMT
ADEPT’s November webinar in collaboration with AFFORD and GlobalGiving will be focusing on crowdfunding for diaspora organisations.
AFFORD has partnered with GlobalGiving, a leading global crowdfunding platform to enable African diaspora organisations based in the UK to fundraise for their activities in Africa. AFFORD invited African diaspora organisations across the UK to mobilise their supporters to raise at least £5000 each for their projects in their countries of interest or heritage.
ADEPT is working with AFFORD and GlobalGiving to enable diaspora organisations across Europe to understand more about crowdfunding, and learn from AFFORD and GlobalGiving’s experiences.
The session will be an opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of online fundraising & crowdfunding
- Build knowledge to run a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Start making practical plans for your online fundraising & crowdfunding
– Mr Onyekachi Wambu, Executive Director at AFFORD
– Ms Zdravka Mihaljevic Srsen, Program Specialist at GlobalGiving