ADEPT is launching the results of their newest research under the title “How to optimize African Diaspora engagement in local development”. The hybrid event will take place next Thursday 29th of September at EU Infopoint and via Webex meetings.
- English, French
- International Partnerships InfoPoint
The aim of this conference is to present the main outcomes of a study that has been launched by the Africa-Europe Diaspora Development Platform (ADEPT), a pan-European Diaspora network established in 2017 and based in Brussels.
More specifically, this study aims to:
– Improve the understanding of African diaspora organisations’ engagement in local development in Africa, in particular its specificities.
– Explore modalities for more effective, efficient and sustainable diaspora organisations’ engagement in local development on the African continent.
– Ascertain the role African diaspora organisations can play to contribute to a more inclusive and equitable local development.
– Jorge Pereiro Pinon, Team leader, INTPA A2- Regional and
– Multi-Country Programmes for Africa
– Mirana Rajoharison, Executive Director (ADEPT)
– Camille Traoré, Researcher – Les Afriques dans le Monde, Sciences Po Bordeaux
– Claire Neuschwander, Expert on Migration and Development, Red Mangrove Development Advisors
Q&A session languages: English and French